TreePress places your privacy as our top priority. We are fully dedicated to always looking after your Personal Information in a way you feel is 100% safe and secure, handling it in a responsible manner and complying with data protection laws. This website www.treepress.net is owned and operated by Black and White Digital Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales no. 10221101, having its registered offices at 23 Templemere, Weybridge Surrey, KT13 9PA.
What are cookies
How can I control my cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to do the following:
- Delete all cookies;
- Block all cookies;
- Allow all cookies;
- Block third-party cookies;
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- Open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- Install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
For more information on controlling cookies using different browsers, see Browser Controls below.
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use this popular analytics product.
- New technologies such as Mozilla’s Do Not Track allow you to tell websites not to track you.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
Type of Cookies
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Necessary – These are cookies which are essential for the running of our websites. They include for example, cookies that allow you to remain logged into our website. Without these cookies, parts of our websites would not function. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
Functionality – These cookies are used to remember your preferences on our websites and to provide enhanced, more personal features. Functional cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information which could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with serving advertising.
Analytics – Analytical performance cookies are used to monitor the performance of our websites, for example, to determine the number of page views and the number of unique users a website has. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. The information provided by these cookies allows us to analyse patterns of user behaviour and we use that information to enhance user experience or identify areas of the website which may require maintenance. The information may include your member key which is an internal identifier for all users. The information is used only for statistical purposes and will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States and to Amazon Web Services servers in Ireland.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Advertising – These cookies, which may be placed on your device by us or our trusted third party service providers, remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with advertising which is tailored to your interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA) and is done by grouping together shared interests based upon web browsing history. Your web browsing history can be used to infer things about you (e.g. your age, gender etc.), and this information may also be used to make advertising on websites more relevant to you. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests. If you would like more information about OBA, including how to opt-out of these cookies, see the section above ‘How can I control my cookies’.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases of subscriptions on our website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase of a subscription on our website.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
>For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
>For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
>For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
>For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Except for necessary cookies, all cookies used on our site will expire after 10 years.